It is officially Spring and Atlanta area homebuilders are hard at work taking advantage of the warmer weather and softer ground. NiteLites of Atlanta Landscape Lighting offers the following Home Pre-Construction money and time saving steps for incorporating outdoor lighting into new construction.
- Request that your builder place 1 1/2 inch or larger conduit under driveways and walkways. Conduits should extend 12 inches past each side of the pavement edge. The pavement should be marked with a narrow groove on each side and the homeowner should have a drawing where the conduit locations are measured from a fixed reference such as the curb or garage wall. If possible, place 2 conduits – one for lighting and the other for a sprinkler system that may be installed in the future.
- Have new landscaping planted at least 24 inches away from foundation of the project. Plants, shrubs, and bushes grow and accent a property best when they are given adequate space to flourish. Additionally, outdoor lighting can highlight textures, shapes, and shadows if the landscaping is not placed up against the structure.
- Confirm that there are electrical outlets in all locations where lighting transformers will be needed. Each outlet should have 15 or 20 amp capacity and should have a GFCI outlet. Spare outlets for holiday lighting can make life easier and safer around the winter holidays.
- Be sure to have in-use weatherproof covers installed on all of your outside outlets. In-use covers have a bubble cover that keeps the outlet dry even when items are plugged in. This is an essential step that is often overlooked.
- Request that your electrician install each exterior outlet on a dedicated and labeled breaker.
- Start communication early with your lighting professionals. The lighting contractors at NiteLites will review project plans to determine the best locations to add outlets. This is much less expensive to do as part of the initial building project rather than adding them on after the construction is complete. As an extra time saving measure for prospective clients, NiteLites of Atlanta will even review building plans faxed to their office. Plans should be faxed to 678-493-9859 or 843-815-4838.
NiteLites of Atlanta offers onsite consultations prior to the final sign off of home construction projects. For a free pre-construction lighting consultation call NiteLites at 770-475-6162. NiteLites of Atlanta Landscape Lighting offers comprehensive specification grade exterior low voltage lighting systems for both residential and commercial lighting projects. This Atlanta lighting business offers a wide selection of energy efficient outdoor lighting cast copper and brass fixtures including outdoor lights for architectural lighting, landscape lighting, garden lighting, deck lighting, recessed step lighting, submersible lighting for fountains and ponds, and path lighting. They also repair existing lighting systems, provide energy assessments, and retrofit light fixtures with their eco-friendly LEDs.
NiteLites of Atlanta Landscape Lighting was recently presented the President’s Club Award for Superior Growth.