Our St. Louis location is offering the following money and time-saving steps for property owners planning on installing exterior lighting during new construction or renovation projects. These pre-construction steps are recommended for obtaining the best results from professionally installed low voltage and outdoor LED lighting systems.
- Place 1 1/2 inch or larger conduit under driveways and walkways. Conduits should extend 12 inches past each side of the pavement edge. The pavement should be marked with a narrow groove on each side and the homeowner should have a drawing where the conduit locations are measured from a fixed reference such as the curb or garage wall. If possible, place 2 conduits – one for lighting and the other for a sprinkler system that may be installed in the future.
- Have new landscaping planted at least 24 inches away from the foundation of the project.
- Install electrical outlets in all locations where lighting transformers will be needed. Each outlet should have 15 or 20 amp capacity and should have a GFCI outlet. Be sure to have spare outlets for holiday lighting as well.
- Be sure to have in-use weatherproof covers installed on all of your outside outlets. In-use covers have a bubble cover that keeps the outlet dry even when items are plugged in. This is an essential step that is often overlooked.
- Request that the electrician installs each exterior outlet on a dedicated and labeled breaker.
- Start communication early with your outdoor lighting professionals. Our lighting experts will review project plans to determine the best locations to add outlets. This is much less expensive to do as part of the initial building project rather than adding them on after the construction is complete. As an extra time-saving measure for prospective clients, the NiteLites team will even review building plans faxed to their office. Head to our St. Louis location page for contact information.
NiteLites of St. Louis offers a free onsite consultation prior to the final sign off of construction projects. For more information, contact us or stop by the 2010 Builders St. Charles Home Show. The show will be held at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Louis, MO, April 23rd through April 25th . Our lighting professionals will be exhibiting our comprehensive specification grade exterior low voltage systems and outdoor LEDs for both residential and commercial properties.
We specialize in the professional installation and repair of outdoor low voltage lighting for a variety of projects.
NiteLites of St. Louis is now hiring outdoor lighting professionals. Outdoor work, Professional Appearance, Good Communication Skills, Mandatory Clean Driving Record, and Mandatory No Criminal Record required. Full Training will be provided, and up to 40+ hours per week will be offered. Responsibilities include outdoor lighting installation, aiming and adjustment at night, and proper upkeep of tools and equipment. All experienced landscapers and electricians will be given preference.